Items tagged with: gdpr
« @USATODAY launched a lightweight version of their site for the EU to comply with #GDPR. The US site is 5.5MB and contains 835 requests loaded from 188 hosts. When loaded from France it's 297KB, 36 requests and contains no 3rd party content. And it's a lot faster! #perfmatters » https://twitter.com/paulcalvano/status/1000094333524201473
> The Irish Data Protection Commission is investigating if the revelation that Facebook left hundreds of millions of passwords exposed in plain text violated the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
#Facebook #RGPD #GDPR #Irlande
Does Microsoft Violate GDPR? European Regulator Asks Tough Questions
#EU #privacy regulator investigates #Microsoft. Audits contracts with EU bodies for compliance.
#EDPS (the European Data Protection Supervisor) wants to ensure #GDPR (the General Data Protection Regulation) is being adhered to by Microsoft and its customers inside the institutions of the EU itself, such as the Parliament and the Commission. This comes after serious allegations that Microsoft Office’s telemetry features fell afoul of GDPR.
This could get expensive for Redmond. In today’s #SBBlogwatch, @Richi Jennings searches under the couch cushions, in case Satya needs a hand:
GDPR.eu is a resource for organizations and individuals researching the General Data Protection Regulation.
Here you’ll find a library of straightforward and up-to-date information to help organizations
achieve GDPR compliance.
– at least 11 out of 70 popular apps are affected
– sensitive data includes blood pressure, pregnancy status, menstrual cycles, heartbeat rates, viewed real estate postings etc.
– some of these apps are "Instant Heart Rate", "Flo Period & Ovulation Tracker", "Realtor.com"
– also affects users without Facebook accounts
#facebook #privacy #pii #gdpr
Ist es genug, wenn ein Unternehmen einem 3 MB plain text zuschickt und dann bei Nachfrage nach dem Zweck auf die allgemeine wischi-waschi Datenschutzerklärung hinweist?
Oder hat man auch ein Recht zu erfahren zu welchem Zweck ein bestimmter Datensatz genau genutzt wird?
Gleiches gilt für die Weitergabe an Dritte etc.
It is a quick release to fix a regression introduced in 1.11.0, as well as various other bugs. But in addition, this version does come with a few noteworthy goodies
* Better support of media: tags such as thumbnails and descriptions (e.g. for YouTube)
* Built-in extension to fix Tumblr feeds from European Union due to #gdpr
* Fix regression in fetching full articles content
* Fix several bugs in the new Fever API
* Etc. See the release notes for details: https://github.com/FreshRSS/FreshRSS/releases/tag/1.11.1
As usual, it is already available for git and Docker update methods, and will soon be available by auto-zip-update when @marien has pushed the changes to the update server
Thanks again to all the #freshrss contributors 👍🏻 (6 in this mini release)